Dancing Deer is a company of people who are passionate about food, nature, aesthetics and community. Known for our fresh-baked, kosher, shipped-to-order goodies we bake with lots of flavor and love. We believe that when people are happy, it shows in the food. All jobs carry serious tasting responsibilities.
SUBMIT A RESUME
For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter and up-to-date resume as MS Word attachments to HRJOBS@dancingdeer.com. We will contact you if there is a fit between our needs and your background.
Production Planning Supervisor
Production Planning Supervisor
Location: Hyde Park, MA (3 miles from Legacy Place - Dedham; walking distance from Readville Station)
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Production Planning Supervisor will report directly to the Plant Manager, and must have the ability to plan, manage and direct the production team to manufacture foods that meet quality, efficiency and labor standards as set forth by the Company, while operating within the guidelines of applicable USDA, FDA, GFSI/SQF and MA BPH requirements. This individual must have experience in ERP-driven production planning work settings, and possess superior communication and decision making skills. He/She must have the ability to influence people at varying levels of the organization and experience levels, be able to effectively interact with cross-functional peers/managers, vendors, outside agencies and customers, and demonstrate solid analytical and problem-solving skills. He/She must have the ability to lead by involving others in the decision-making process, demonstrate a strong results orientation, and be a true team player.
Everyday Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and executes a master production plan on a monthly/weekly/daily basis, using the Company’s Microsoft Navision ERP system as the principal planning tool.
- Determines required optimal weekly production levels and inventory balances, and coordinates resourcing of raw materials, packaging and personnel to produce quality food products in compliance with company goals and objectives.
- Ensures all production and operating activities fall within the guidelines set forth by the Dancing Deer QA Department, USDA, FDA, gluten-free, SQF and Star-K.
- Participates in the oversight and implementation of companywide safety program, and influences and maintains employee safety and morale by creating a safe working environment in concert with other training programs directed by the Plant Manager and Human Resources.
- Plans and maintains optimum inventory levels on raw materials; packaging and finished goods to meet projected sales demands, while understanding cash flow implications, available warehousing space and ingredient seasonality/availability.
- Assists Plant Manager in controlling costs and improving gross margins in raw ingredients, packaging, direct labor, plant overhead and operating expenses.
- Actively and consistently look for ways to improve the workflow/data flow across departments, and plays an active role in making the overall system better.
- Assists in the training and development of production personnel in areas of quality assurance, process execution, Good Manufacturing Practices, and safety.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Finance, Food Science or a related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, with at least three years in a production planning supervisory/managerial capacity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in Manufacturing ERP systems; Microsoft NAV experience a big plus
- Experience with GFSI/SQF a plus
- Able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize in a nimble/flexible multi-sku production environment.
- Able to be decisive in a fast-paced and dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, organizational and planning abilities, as well as excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be a team player with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
What’s In It For You?
- Great opportunity to learn, grow and take initiative
- Work within a supportive, team-oriented and entrepreneurial environment
- Medical, dental, 100% company paid life insurance and disability program, IRA with company match, as well as paid holidays and time off (PTO)
- No suits necessary business casual office culture
- 50% employee discount on delicious cookies, brownies, and cakes
Ready to become a “Deer”? Please e-mail Resume and Salary Requirements to: HRJOBS@dancingdeer.com